What a cool month it's been! I got to swim with Lindsey's blow up swans in the Adirondacks, galavant around Disney with some kickass magic makers, and above all, got to work on some awesome top-secret Lala projects (that we promise, are coming soon). I wanted to make this favorites about some of my favorite travel products I brought with me while I was away, so without further ado... you know the routine..
1) Too Faced Hangover Primer- Talk about magic in a baby bottle. I got this little sample from Sephora from their point perks (BLESS), and it was the perfect on-the-go face primer I needed this month. It's really delicate, smells nice, and feels extremely light on the skin. Will definitely be purchasing the full size during my next Sephora trip.
2) Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Sand- Such a #TBT product, guys. This oldie but goodie is definitely one of my favorite face products of all time, but it was especially useful this month while walking around all the magical kingdoms of Disney (aka, lots of sweat and heat). I used this every day we were there and it's SPF protection was perfect to keep my skin burn-free and my shiney-ness at a minimum.
3) Gold Dust by Dolce + Gabbana- Um, the most pigmented colored eyeshadow in all of the land! This stuff can withstand anything. I reached for this as an all over the lid shade and I simply cannot get over the fact that throughout the over-100 degree climate, this color did not budge an inch. So so good.
4) Mac Prep + Prime Lip- I wore a lot of liquid matte lip colors this past month (definitely hoping to continue the trend this fall), and I found that using a lip primer like this one from Mac really makes a difference in all-day wear. It provides a really nice balmy base for a really stringent, matte color, and I really have been digging it.
5) Maliboo by Kylie Cosmetics- With that being said, this was the most reached for liquid lipstick this month! I'm obsessed with this nudey pink (I discovered that I think I like Kylie's line so much because of her colors), and it was certainly a go-to for during the day at the parks and going out in Orlando at night.
6) Mac 224 Brush- Looking back at all of my monthly favorites, I realized that I don't often include my favorite brushes, so I thought I'd start this month with the trend! First up would definitely by my Mac 224, I use this pretty much every day and it's such a great starter brush for anyone who's a makeup beginner. It's primarily for blending, but it could also be great to smoke out any colors in the crease. A must-have, fo sho.
7) Cle De Peau Hydro Clarifying Lotion- Ah, what a gorgeous product! So if you've been reading for a while, you'll know that I am obsessed with Bioderma, a micellar cleansing water that you can only buy in-store overseas, so I've been looking for products available in the US that are similar in concept. This stuff comes pretty close! It's really great to dab on your face right before bed or to freshen up in the AM.
8) The Righteous Butter by Soap and Glory- Part of my go-to plane regimen for sure! I just love this baby travel sized cream, not only does it smell freakin' glorious, it just keeps your skin smoother than ever when you're drying out from 30,000 feet travel.
"Action is eloquence, and the eyes of the ignorant." [Coriolanus 2.3]
HERE'S TO SEPTEMBER- FASHION MONTH!!
Cheers, xoxoox - A