TOP FIVE SUMMER SKIN PRODUCTS 2017
It's about time I've had a few hours to throw together a summer skincare post for you all. As I've grown older, I've realized how important skincare is to me -- and after discovering tons of products I've learned to love (which have also done wonders for my skin), it's amazing to say that I'm finally fully confident not wearing makeup. Of course, makeup routines are a part of my daily life, (the morning ritual actually calms me down), so I won't be going bare-faced that often, but during summer and beach time, I definitely feel more comfortable wearing less and less. So to keep my skin protected, while still maintaining a nice glow, I've rounded up five products I'll be reaching for all summer for makeup and non-makeup days.
01. Glossier Invisible Shield - I cannot express to you how much I've needed a product like this. Even during my early makeup-discovery days, I could never relate to any of the facial sunscreens out there. They either came with a majorly hefty price, or, they broke me out to no end because of their greasy consistency. While this sunscreen is still a newer addition to my skincare collection, I've been impressed with the results I've seen so far in it's consistency, durability, and of course, cost! I'm realllllyyyyy picky when it comes to what I put on my face, but I've always trusted Glossier and everything they put out, so giving this a try was the best thing I could've done for this upcoming summer. 10/10.
02. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in 'Fawn'- Literally, my favorite summer product of all time, since way back in the 2010's. I will always recommend Laura Mercier products to anyone I talk to about great tinted moisturizers, and this is the product that got me started. It's perfect for popping on right before the beach, and it has extra SPF power to shield your face from powerful sun rays when you're lying out in the sand.
03. Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs- Another major oldie but goodie, this is by far the best drugstore self tanner I've used. I find Jergens to be a bit to thick, while this one goes on slightly smoother. It's also super affordable, and I recommend using this when you've already tanned a bit -- so it will enhance the color you've already gotten. Another great self tanner is anything by St. Tropez, if you're looking to splurge a bit.
04. Urban Decay DeSlick - Annnnnnnd yetttt, another oldie but goodie. While I swear by this product any time of year, and use it daily, I truly think it's perfect for summer to keep you matte throughout the day. When the weather gets hot, my combination skin is renowned for getting a bit shiny, so no matter what makeup I'm wearing (super dramatic or super subtle), I always finish off my look with this setting spray.
05. Balmdotcom by Glossier - Another staple over my last two summers has been the Coconut and Cherry versions of Balmdotcom from Glossier (YES, I ordered the Birthday Cake as it was launched this week, and I cannot wait to try it!). These are excellent for keeping your lips moisturized in the hot sun, and they also do serve as a universal skin salve if any other parts of your face are immensely drying out. Plus, their scents are to absolutely die for, I kid you not.
"That all the world will be in love with night, and pay no worship to the garish sun."
[Romeo + Juliet 3.2]
Cheers, xx - A. Martine