What an awesome kick-off to summer June has been. First things first, I wanted to address my little change in branding. Over the years, Killer Queen has evolved in branding and design. I started this blog on a Tumblr platform, believe it or not, and it's been a long journey to Squarespace land. I always love changing up my fonts and styles, and this is yet again another branding phase I'll be going through (plus, how cool is this neon-sign font?!) Blogging is not only about having a particular aesthetic, it's about changing up that aesthetic too. Without further ado, let's get to my other favorites of the month, (besides the new font, lol):
- PS, this is pretty much all skincare this time around! -
01. Glossier Invisible Shield - Okay you guys, I've officially put this baby to the test, and I'm obsessed. I talked about this in my Top 5 Summer Skin Products Post when I first got it, but after finally using it for a little while I'm really happy with how it works and it's consistency. It leave your skin feeling super smooth and non-greasy, and that's probably the best thing I could ever say about a sunscreen/ SPF product for certain.
02. First Aid Beauty Hydrating Serum - I actually got my hands on this product a couple of months ago, and never got the chance to really use it until now (TBH it was in one of my drawers and I forgot about it lol). It's now become a staple in my routine, and I actually like it a lot better than the typical creamy moisturizers you'd find out there as it's in a gel form. Really awesome product and I'm so impressed with it.
03. Mario Badescu Rosewater Spray - If you guys recently watched my Instagram story from a few days ago, you'll know that I picked this product up for the first time on my last trip to Ulta. As I said in my Insta-story, I was hesitant to try this (even though I heard amazing things about it) because I had had a bad experience with another Mario Badescu product, their Drying Lotion, because of its salicylic acid content. After using that (and other salicylic acid washes), I learned the hard way that my skin got much worse using this agent, as opposed to better. So while I knew this product had no such contents, I was still hesitant about the brand all together. Let me just say, I'm so happy I got over that fear! This stuff is amazing! I've only used it for a little while now, but it's super smoothing and has so far not irritated my skin in the slightest. Plus, it's $7, so definitely worth the investment for a great spray.
04. Birthday Balm Dot Com by Glossier - If there's any two things in life that make me incredibly happy as an NYC girl, it's Glossier, and the Milk Bar. So you can only imagine my reaction to finding out that the two brands were being combined into a super sweet funfetti-smelling lip balm with killer Glossier packaging. If you have twelve dollars to spend, spend it on this. You can thank me later.
05. Burt's Bees Milk and Honey Lotion - I've always been a major fan of Burt's Bees hand creams, so when in search of a new lotion this month, I thought I'd try their other formulas. So, I picked this up, and have not been able to stop using it since I purchased it. It smells incredible (if you like that milk and honey kinda thing), and it has been super hydrating as I've sat out in the sun most days this past month.
06. Flair La Fleur Eternity Roses - I was recently introduced to these gorgeous decor pieces by my friend Devon, who opened this very flower shop this past year. She creates handmade roses that last forever, and they come in all different shapes, sizes and in different boxes. Best part? they last forever and you don't have to water them one bit.
"Action is eloquence"
Cheers, xx - A. Martine
P.S: On another skincare note, my latest piece for Teen Vogue is all about scar removal. Read it here!